The research at the Chair of Smart Sensor Systems focuses on the development of electronic and photonic sensor components and sensor systems. The special properties of two-dimensional materials such as graphene and MoS2 are investigated and specifically used in sensor devices. The research topics specifically include:
- · High-sensitive photo detectors for visible and infrared light.
- · Flexible electronics for controlling and data processing in sensors.
- · Graphene based THz detectors.
- · Thermoelectric power generation with new materials.
- · Neuromorphic concepts in sensor networks.